So your accommodations were approved… what next?
The biggest thing to remember is just because you have approved accommodations, doesn’t mean you have to use them. If something isn’t working, come talk to us, we might be able to switch things up and find something that works better.
Notifying Faculty of Accommodations
Each quarter students are expected to send Faculty Notification Letters to each faculty member, then meet with their faculty to discuss any logistics.
- Once you have met with a DAC counselor and been approved for accommodations, request accommodations for your classes each quarter.
- Go to http;//disability.wwu.edu.
- Click on the box labeled “myDAC Login” and sign in with your Universal Username and Password.
- Please note that some accommodations require you to read and complete e-form agreements.
- Check the box next to each class you intend to receive accommodations in.
- Click the button labeled “Step 2 button (Continue to Customize Your Accommodations).”
- Check the boxes of the accommodation services that you wish to utilize for each given class.
- Click on the button labeled “SUBMIT YOUR ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS.”
- Faculty Notification letters are emailed to instructors daily.
- Talk to your instructor about your accommodation(s) and discuss how they will apply in each course.
I need to change my accommodations, they aren’t working for me
- Call the DAC office to make an appointment as soon as possible, usually we don’t have same day appointments (although sometimes you might get lucky).
- Talk to your professor to see if they have any ideas on how to change things up
- Come discuss ideas with your counselor
- Try out the new accommodations